Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Things That Matter...

When I think of "Strawberries & Cream" I think about my favorite oatmeal growing up... As I child I know I had many plans and hopes for the future. This bracelet started off as a tutorial and ended up as a labor of love - the five aragonite flowers representing the following and the garnet flowers all of the love I have yet to give...

FAMILY – I can remember dozens of instances as a child (and even now as an adult) when my mother would say, “You don’t have to like me, you just have to love me.” Family is that connection that makes life worth living – a beginning and through the children I hope to have one day – never an end.

FRIENDS – Friends come into our lives for a reason, a season, or for life… Each one with their own purpose; a true blessing when you find that “kindred spirit” who’s love is unconditional – where you can be the most genuine version of yourself free of judgment and fear of loss – for a true friend weathers all of life’s storms and miracles.

SOUL MATE
– A soul mate can be friend, family, or loved one; deeper than the love of a friend and the required love of a family. A soul mate is that person who makes what’s broken whole again, brings joy when it aches, grants wishes before they’re made, and who wants nothing more than that which makes the other happy… A kind of love that can only be described as pure in heart, mind, body and soul…


TRUE LOVE
- We are lucky in life to have just one love that stands the test of time. One who’s every detail is etched in your memory. A love that needs no words, filled with a passion that can’t be quenched and whose future is as plain as “clearwater”.


HOPE
– Life is what happens while you’re busy planning it…
“Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will, too...” - Hope Floats

Here’s to many more scary beginnings…


No comments:

Post a Comment